Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I figured you might want to watch this

I know that I never blogged about it or even emailed anyone about it, but yes, on December 24th a family of French tourists was gunned down in a small village outside of Aleg. Aleg is a regional capital (like Nema) that is 4 hours from Nouakchott, the capital. I never mentioned it to anyone at home because, well hell it was Christmas Eve and I am not about ruining Christmas, even if I'm not home for it. The following link is a France 24 newspiece all about extremism and Mauritania. I figured it kinda gave you a look at what Mauritania is like. Yes, I really live in a town like that, and sometimes speak like that too. I promise to try to make and upload videos that picture me doing daily things in Nema. I just don't have the DSL speed right now to make the a possiblity. Until then you could always watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YS9ayJWbu4

I feel as though the extremism is overhyped and has never been a problem for me. So fear not, dear readers, the Muslim Brotherhood knows better than to mess with Fatou Cisse.

No comments: